Our podiatrists specialise in the assessment, diagnosis and management of foot conditions, and injuries related to the function of the lower limb and foot.
- Assessment and treatment of pain in the feet, ankles, shins and knees
- Assessment and treatment of skin and nail conditions, such as ingrown toenails, callouses and corns
- Prescription of custom-made and prefabricated orthoses to improve the function and efficiency of the lower limb
- Footwear advice and modification
Common Conditions Treated by Podiatrists:
- Heel pain
- Foot joint pain
- Arch pain
- Shin pain
- Ankle pain
- Knee pain
- Stress fractures of the foot
- Achilles tendon injury
- Ingrown toenails, callouses and corns
Assessment of running and walking biomechanics are often an important part of Podiatry assessment. This often involves video analysis of both outdoor and treadmill walking and running, barefoot and in shoes. Injury management and prevention often involves improving running technique through strengthening exercises and running drills.
Footwear Advice and Modifications:
Podiatrist's are experts in both day-to-day footwear and athletic footwear, and will often need to modify shoes. Please remember to bring a few pairs of shoes you commonly wear to your consultation.
Orthotics are specialised insoles that are worn in shoes to enhance the function of the foot and leg, and reduce stress on overloaded tissues. At Bayside Sports Podiatry, we use both custom-made and pre-fabricated orthotics. The type of device issued depends on the particular injury, foot type, age, footwear, and activity of the person. Orthotics are only prescribed as part of a management plan to overcome injuries or reduce further injury risk. Bayside Sports Podiatry specialises in ORTHOTICS FOR ACTIVITY.